Skip to main content

Growth Mindset

This assignment is my first time hearing about Carol Dweck, and the growth mindset. I think it's a very interesting idea, and I can see where Carol is coming from. While I do believe her methods may be slightly tough, or even drastic, I do agree with her to a certain degree. I do think that many young children are coddled, and are given participation trophies (verbally or physically) for small actions. I do agree with her that it is our job to push children while their brains are forming and changing, and that is what will help them grow. I think the important part here, is knowing how hard to push, and knowing when they have reached a limit. I think that all people learn in different ways and at different speeds, and this methodology may not be ideal for everybody. I think it would be safe to say I am pushed fairly hard in my studies, as well as my personal life. As an athlete, I am pushed mentally and physically harder than most, but that is something I have been accustomed to since I was young. I think that my life would look much different had I not been pushed in these ways growing up, and continue to be pushed in these ways even as a college student. Since I have been in college, I have learned that I really do like to be pushed. I thrive on deadlines, and work really well under pressure. These are qualities about myself that drew me in to the broadcast journalism field, and have helped me in my classes. I think that the growth mindset is very interesting, and since this is my first time hearing about it, I would love to learn more about it this semester. 

Quote on Growth Mindset





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction- Haley Weger

Hi! I'm Haley Weger and I am a senior this year, graduating in May. I'm from a suburb of Houston, called Friendswood. My parents just bought a house on a small island near Galveston, so the next time I go home I will be living there. I am a Journalism major, on the broadcast track, with a minor in Human Relations. The best part about my major is that I am involved in our student-run newsroom through Gaylord, so I get real-life practice being on camera. I have the chance to learn all of the ropes and exactly how a real newsroom is run before I graduate! Outside of my classes and OU Nightly, I am also involved in greek life and the OU spirit program. I am starting my fourth year on the OU Pom Squad, and am also a member of Tri Delta. I also work at Ada High School on the side, teaching their pom squad. Right now my favorite TV shows I'm watching are Yellowstone and Ozark, but my all time favorites are New Girl and Friends. In the future, I would like to become a news or sport

Comment Wall

Portfolio:  https://sites.google.com/view/hbweger/home Blogger Meme

Week 2 Story: Fluffy and his Sticks

 Once upon a time, a mother dog had three little puppies. Those puppies names were Princess, Spot, and Fluffy. Princess and Spot had all of the toys they could possibly think of, as well as every treat on the planet to enjoy. They were cute puppies, but they were quite greedy. Fluffy on the other hand, was perfectly content playing with a stick, sock, or leftover water bottle. One day, the mother dog headed to Petsmart to pick up some things for the dogs' upcoming week. She asked each one of her puppies if they needed anything from the store. Princess and Fluffy named all kinds of new toys, treats, and top shelf dog food they wanted their mother to buy. They listed different Petsmart items for hours, while Fluffy sat playing with her stick. She was unbothered by her brother and sister's greediness. After the mother dog had enough of hearing Princess an Spot's demands, she turned to Fluffy. All Fluffy asked for was three new sticks, of course if it wasn't a burden on her