Skip to main content

Week 9 Story: Dog Vs. Cat

 It is no secret that cats and dogs have long been enemies, but many people do not know the reason behind that. Some may think this is a made up, but there is a time to trace back when dog and cat became foes. 

Once upon a time, a couple lived happily ever after with their two pets: a cat named Trixy, and a dog named Spike. The two pets were the best of friends. The couple had a magic ring, that they did not know held special powers. As long as the held the ring, it would bring them good fortune. Since they didn't know this though, they pawned the magic ring.

Soon enough, the couple lost all of their fortune and became very poor. Trixy and Spike were very worried about their owners, and hated to see them suffer. So, like any great pets, they came up with a plan to solve their problem. Spike had a brilliant idea to retrieve the magic ring, and bring it back to his owners. Spike's plan was to trick the new couple that bought the ring into letting the cute, sweet pets into their house, and steal the ring back. Trixy loved the plan. 

The two adorable pets set off on their journey to fix their misfortune. They arrived at the new couple's house, and it only took a few minutes before the couple was loving Spike, petting him and playing fetch with him. This gave Trixy the opportunity to retrieve the ring. They had accomplished their mission! 

The two pets were so excited, that they ran home as fast as they could. Trixy took an unknown shortcut, and beat Spike home with the magic ring. Their owners were so excited that she brought the ring back, and picked her up and pet and hugged her. Spike ran in shortly after, expecting to join in on the love and pets. Instead, he was met with scolding and beating, and was yelled at for not helping them. Trixy sat in the corner purring, ignoring the situation.

Spike could not forgive Trixy for what she did, and how she disrespected him. He held the grudge, and now passes on the grudge to all of the dogs, forever and ever. 






Comments

  1. Hi Haley!
    I think you did a pretty good job with the story!
    It's a fun spin on those classic tales that work to help explain the ways of the world.
    But I think you should really be sure to include an author's note, since it's unclear what the story was that inspired yours, and it'd be good to see where the story came from and how you ended up with your own story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Haley,

    I really liked this story, I think it is a very fun and cute twist on the original. I think you should add just a few more details and descriptions of the story's setting. What was there life like before and after they became poor? How did the pets know to be sad/ worried? I think another thing you could do to make the story more interesting is maybe switch it to be from one of the pets POV. I think those kinds of stories are always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Haley! I loved this story - it was so cute and sweet! You also wrote such wonderful and lovable characters. I can immediately feel so bad for Spike, and it really makes me miss my own dogs and cat. There are a couple comma splices in your story that it would probably be good to fix, but I'm very bad at commas, so I completely understand how easy it is to make mistakes! Overall, I really loved the story and had such a good time reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction- Haley Weger

Hi! I'm Haley Weger and I am a senior this year, graduating in May. I'm from a suburb of Houston, called Friendswood. My parents just bought a house on a small island near Galveston, so the next time I go home I will be living there. I am a Journalism major, on the broadcast track, with a minor in Human Relations. The best part about my major is that I am involved in our student-run newsroom through Gaylord, so I get real-life practice being on camera. I have the chance to learn all of the ropes and exactly how a real newsroom is run before I graduate! Outside of my classes and OU Nightly, I am also involved in greek life and the OU spirit program. I am starting my fourth year on the OU Pom Squad, and am also a member of Tri Delta. I also work at Ada High School on the side, teaching their pom squad. Right now my favorite TV shows I'm watching are Yellowstone and Ozark, but my all time favorites are New Girl and Friends. In the future, I would like to become a news or sport

Comment Wall

Portfolio:  https://sites.google.com/view/hbweger/home Blogger Meme

Week 2 Story: Fluffy and his Sticks

 Once upon a time, a mother dog had three little puppies. Those puppies names were Princess, Spot, and Fluffy. Princess and Spot had all of the toys they could possibly think of, as well as every treat on the planet to enjoy. They were cute puppies, but they were quite greedy. Fluffy on the other hand, was perfectly content playing with a stick, sock, or leftover water bottle. One day, the mother dog headed to Petsmart to pick up some things for the dogs' upcoming week. She asked each one of her puppies if they needed anything from the store. Princess and Fluffy named all kinds of new toys, treats, and top shelf dog food they wanted their mother to buy. They listed different Petsmart items for hours, while Fluffy sat playing with her stick. She was unbothered by her brother and sister's greediness. After the mother dog had enough of hearing Princess an Spot's demands, she turned to Fluffy. All Fluffy asked for was three new sticks, of course if it wasn't a burden on her