Skip to main content

Week 12: Story: The Sly Fox and the Old Horse

 There once was a farmer, who lived on a big farm. He had hundreds of different animals on his farm, from cows to chickens, and goats to horses. One of his horses was very obedient, and had done great work for the farmer since he was just a colt. But the horse had grown old, and couldn't work as well as he could when he was younger. Since the farmer couldn't get much use out of the horse, he kicked the horse off his farm. The farmer told the horse that he would have to fend for himself, and could only return to the farm if he became stronger than a lion. The farmer never expected to see the old horse again, since this was almost an impossible task.

The horse sulked through the forest, all alone, with nowhere to go. All of the sudden, a sly fox saw the horses despair, and asked what was wrong. The horse explained everything he had been through, and the fox took pity on the horse. But the sly fox had a plan to save the horse, and help him get back to the farm. He told the horse to lay down, and play dead. Then, the sly fox ran to the lion's den nearby, and notified the lion that a huge horse had just died, and it would be the perfect dinner for the lion. The lion was pleased, and followed the sly fox to meet his dinner. 

When the two arrived to the horse, the sly fox convinced the lion that it would be easier if he could tie the lion's tail to the horse, so he could drag the horse back to the den to consume him easier. The lion agreed this would be much easier. But the fox tricked the lion, and tied all of his legs together so he couldn't escape. The fox told the horse to run back to the farm, with the lion tied to him. 

When the horse arrived back to the farm, the farmer realized that the horse had become stronger than a lion. The farmer promised the horse he could stay forever, and he would never have to work another day in his life.


The horse after returning home with the lion.
Photo by kettyschott on flickr

Comments

  1. Hey, Haley! The fox is such a tricky character - I love it. I was curious as to what the horse and fox were going to do or what would happen; your story does a good job of heightening that curiosity. Also, I like that the fox helped the horse without any conditions or expecting something in return. Overall, the story was great and easy to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Haley!

    I think your story is great! I love that you included descriptive words because they made everything easier to picture in my head. My only suggestion would be to use some dialogue, maybe between the horse and the fox, to draw your readers in a bit more. Other than that, I think you did a wonderful job. I can't wait to read more of your stories!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction- Haley Weger

Hi! I'm Haley Weger and I am a senior this year, graduating in May. I'm from a suburb of Houston, called Friendswood. My parents just bought a house on a small island near Galveston, so the next time I go home I will be living there. I am a Journalism major, on the broadcast track, with a minor in Human Relations. The best part about my major is that I am involved in our student-run newsroom through Gaylord, so I get real-life practice being on camera. I have the chance to learn all of the ropes and exactly how a real newsroom is run before I graduate! Outside of my classes and OU Nightly, I am also involved in greek life and the OU spirit program. I am starting my fourth year on the OU Pom Squad, and am also a member of Tri Delta. I also work at Ada High School on the side, teaching their pom squad. Right now my favorite TV shows I'm watching are Yellowstone and Ozark, but my all time favorites are New Girl and Friends. In the future, I would like to become a news or sport

Comment Wall

Portfolio:  https://sites.google.com/view/hbweger/home Blogger Meme

Week 2 Story: Fluffy and his Sticks

 Once upon a time, a mother dog had three little puppies. Those puppies names were Princess, Spot, and Fluffy. Princess and Spot had all of the toys they could possibly think of, as well as every treat on the planet to enjoy. They were cute puppies, but they were quite greedy. Fluffy on the other hand, was perfectly content playing with a stick, sock, or leftover water bottle. One day, the mother dog headed to Petsmart to pick up some things for the dogs' upcoming week. She asked each one of her puppies if they needed anything from the store. Princess and Fluffy named all kinds of new toys, treats, and top shelf dog food they wanted their mother to buy. They listed different Petsmart items for hours, while Fluffy sat playing with her stick. She was unbothered by her brother and sister's greediness. After the mother dog had enough of hearing Princess an Spot's demands, she turned to Fluffy. All Fluffy asked for was three new sticks, of course if it wasn't a burden on her